Looking for a affordable kitchen cabinets? There are many ways to get cheap cabinets. You just need to know where to look.
Here are three ways you can get dirt cheap kitchen cabinets and spend the rest of your budget on other perks, like a gorgeous countertop or backsplash.
Community swap sites like craigslist.org or Facebook Marketplace are full of people who are desperate to get their old cabinets out of their homes. These people are likely remodeling, and they need your help to make room for new ones.
If you’re lucky, you’ll happen upon some high-end or custom cabinets someone thought someone else might be able to get some mileage out of. It’s the best way to get high-end kitchen cabinets cheap.
- Pro: You can score high-quality cabinets with durable construction for little to no money.
- Con: You may need to remove and transport the cabinets yourself, especially if you are receiving the cabinets at no cost.
As new styles come in, home improvement stores and showrooms get rid of their old display cabinets. They don’t sell the cabinets to their customers outright, simply because hundreds of people have been handling them.
Instead, they sell floor models as discount kitchen cabinets. If you ask the sales person, you may be able to find a deal like this.
- Pro: You can get stylish, highly customized discount cabinets for much less. R
- Con: They usually aren’t publicly listed. You will need to build relationships with store owners and managers to find out when they’re changing their displays.
RTA Cabinet Store
RTA stands for ready-to-assemble. You are responsible for putting the cabinets together and installing them and that makes for cheap kitchen cabinets.
All RTA cabinets at RTA Cabinet Store are high-quality and shipped flat with all the necessary hardware included. You and a friend can easily install them, but it never hurts to hire a professional to save you the hassle.
- Pro: You can get quality cabinets brand new without resorting to particle board or used cabinets. If you’re not quite ready to install them yet, they are easy to store during a remodel.
- Con: It takes extra time to put them together.
Want more cheap cabinet ideas? Read more on the RTA Cabinet Store blog.