When it comes to designing a bathroom, one of the most essential elements is the vanity cabinet. Not only does it serve as a functional storage solution, but it also contributes significantly to the overall aesthetic of the space.
With the wide range of options available, selecting the right bathroom vanity cabinet configuration can be both exciting and overwhelming. Come with us to explore different cabinet configurations, their advantages, and key considerations to help you find the perfect fit for your bathroom.
Single Sink Vanity Cabinet
Ideal for smaller bathrooms or powder rooms, the single sink vanity cabinet offers a compact and efficient design. It comes in several varieties such as the pedestal sink, vanity with cabinets, console sink, and more.
Single sink vanities are available in various widths, allowing you to choose the one that best suits your needs. Larger vanities offer more countertop space and smaller ones may not have any at all.
The streamlined look of the single vanity can be a great choice for minimalist or modern bathroom designs.
- Space-efficient for smaller bathrooms
- Cost-effective compared to larger configurations
- Easier installation and plumbing requirements
- Limited countertop space for multiple users
- May not provide enough storage for larger households
- Less surface area for decorative items
Double Sink Vanity Cabinet
Perfect for larger bathrooms or shared spaces, the double sink vanity cabinet is designed for multiple users (such as an en suite bath). It typically consists of two sinks placed side by side with a spacious cabinet in between.
The cabinet can feature drawers, doors, or a combination of both, providing abundant storage options. Double sink vanities create a sense of symmetry and balance, making them a popular choice for traditional or transitional bathroom designs.
- Ideal for shared bathrooms or households with multiple users
- Ample countertop space for personal items and accessories
- Enhanced storage capacity for toiletries, towels, and cleaning supplies
- Creates a visually appealing focal point in the bathroom
- Requires a larger bathroom space
- Higher cost due to additional plumbing and materials
- Installation and maintenance may be more complex
Customize Your Bathroom Vanity Cabinet Configuration
Take your vanity configuration a step further and customize the arrangement of the drawers and cabinets that make up your vanity. RTA Cabinet Store offers a vanity builder that allows you to choose how to use the storage space your vanity offers.
Simply choose the width of your vanity, color, and style, then choose from professionally designed cabinet arrangements. When you’re done, simply add the configuration to your cart and the entire kit will be shipped to you—ready to assemble and install.
Floating Vanity Cabinet
For a contemporary and visually striking look, the floating vanity cabinet is an excellent choice. As the name suggests, this configuration is wall-mounted, creating the illusion of a floating cabinet.
Floating vanities offer a clean and open feel, making them ideal for smaller bathrooms or those with a modern design aesthetic. They come in various widths and finishes.
- Maximizes floor space, creating a more spacious atmosphere
- Easy to clean the bathroom floor beneath the vanity
- Provides a sleek and modern appearance
- Adjustable height for added comfort
- May have limited storage compared to traditional vanities
- Requires careful planning for plumbing and wall reinforcement
- Professional installation is recommended
Console or Open Shelf Vanity Cabinet
If you prefer a more open and accessible storage solution, an open shelf vanity cabinet, also known as, a console vanity, might be the perfect fit for your bathroom.
This configuration replaces traditional cabinet doors with open shelves, allowing you to showcase decorative items or frequently used essentials. Open shelf vanities work well in bathrooms with a rustic, industrial, or eclectic design theme, providing a sense of warmth and character.
- Easy access to frequently used items
- Allows for creative display of decorative items or plants
- Adds a sense of openness and airiness to the bathroom
- Can be combined with other storage options for added versatility
- Limited concealed storage for personal items
- Requires regular organization and maintenance
- May not be suitable for bathrooms with high humidity levels (depending on the material of the shelf)
Ready to find the perfect vanity? Shop all our ready-to-assemble vanities today!