RTA Bathroom Vanities
You should put as much thought and consideration into your bathroom cabinetry as you would into selecting cabinets for your kitchen. Cabinets will be a large portion of your construction or remodel budget, but that doesn't mean that you have to spend a lot of money for the bathroom vanity and cabinets of your dreams. While you can buy special order vanities at any home supply store, or have custom cabinets built specifically for your bathroom, RTA cabinets are one of the fastest growing cabinets in popularity. Not only do they come in a wide range of finishes and styles, such as Oak, White, Heritage Cherry, Heritage Oak, Heritage White, Sunset Maple, Marquis Cinnamon, Autumn Shaker, Mocha Shaker, Cherryville, Brandywine, Harvest Maple, and Tuscany Maple, but they also come in a wide range of cabinet sizes with accessories to allow any homeowner or builder to create a customized bathroom.
Choosing the Perfect Bathroom Sink Cabinet…
A bathroom sink cabinet is sometimes the biggest piece of furniture in a bathroom. Since it is most often the focal point, choosing a design that fits your style and functionality is vital. Consider the size and mounting style of the sink you are using when picking a cabinet and countertop.
Size - A typical bathroom sink cabinet can range from 18”-60”+ in width and a standard depth of 18”-21”. Traditionally, bathroom sink cabinets stand at 30” tall, but more modern styles provide a height of 36” which reduces strain on the neck and back.
Utilization - To determine the cabinet size, figure how much interior space you will need to use for storage. If you have a large bathroom with a double vanity, the space under the sink is not as important as a smaller vanity because you will most likely have other storage areas. If you plan to store a waste bin underneath your sink, keep in mind the measurements of the bin when deciding on a cabinet size.
Materials - The interior of your sink base cabinet should be water resistant, or have a water-resistant coating. Melamine or polyurethane-coated wood are good options. Selecting hardware for your cabinets can be just as time-consuming as selecting the cabinet. Remember that the design of the hardware should be consistent with the overall design of the room.
Bathroom Vanity Tips…
- Consider the space the vanity is going in. A master bath will require a larger size bathroom sink cabinet, whereas a powder room will need a smaller size.
- If you have a small bathroom, choose a small sink cabinet with a lot of storage either under the sink or to the sides.
- If you are unconcerned about size, consider a cabinet style with decorative elements and bring in extra furniture for storage purposes.
- Match the style of cabinet to your existing design. A modern vanity in a Tuscan-style bathroom can throw off the look.
- Examine your existing kitchen cabinets and fixtures. Take note of what you don’t like and what you wish you had to make the shopping experience less painful.
- If you are an older citizen and plan to stay in your home through retirement, consider getting pull handle hardware. For arthritic hands, pull handles are easier to maneuver than knobs.
- If you are having trouble finding the right hardware finish, match it to the existing faucet or door handle finishes.
Aside from custom built bathroom vanities and cabinets, RTA vanities offer one of the strongest cabinet boxes available on the market, because the sides, back, and top/bottom are made of plywood instead of fiberboard or particle board. By utilizing the camlock assembly to lock the cabinet pieces together, the RTA bathroom vanities are so easy to assemble that you only need a screwdriver to put the cabinets together.
The combination of materials used, variety of finishes available, ease of assembly, and significant cost savings make RTA bathroom vanities the best option for your new or remodeled bathroom. Click on one of the finishes below to start designing the kitchen of your dreams.
Your bathroom should be a personal sanctuary. You should create a space that feels comfortable and inviting to you. The cabinets you select play a big role in creating this mood. They play such a large role in the room, that they will ultimately set the style tone for the entire space. Here are some ideas for getting the most out of your bathroom vanity and cabinet set:
- Choose your layout and configuration wisely. Our bathroom collections have several cabinet options including a 2 door vanity, 4 drawer vanity, door/drawer combo vanity, tank topper, linen cabinet, and a vanity 3 drawer bank. Examine the room and determine what design will make the most of the space you have. If you have the square footage, a combination of door and drawer vanities will give you lots of counter space and a myriad of storage options. For smaller bathrooms, tank toppers can give you extra storage space. The linen cabinet is a must for rooms without a built-in closet. It’s long and lean design makes it a perfect fit for even the smallest space.
- When selecting bathroom cabinets, pick a color that is soothing and reflective of your personal tastes. White cabinets can make the room seem larger and will give the space a bright, airy feel. Darker tones, such as the Heritage Cherry and Sunset Maple, will add that touch of elegance and formality that many bathrooms lack.
- Examine the detailing and molding and determine what fits best into your interior design scheme. We offer a variety of bathroom vanity styles from minimalistic slab doors in a gorgeous wood grain with the Autumn Shaker series, to the multi-dimensional raised panel doors stained with a sleek glaze in the Cherryville Vanity collection. The European collection is very chic and contemporary. You can also create some fantastic design schemes around period collections like the Williamsburg and Embassy bathroom sets.
- RTA Cabinet Store offers a complete package in bathroom vanity sets, including all those little extras that tie the whole room together. We have mirrors and light bars to match any of our cabinet finishes and we also have a stunning selection of granite countertops that will give the room an extra pop.
Once you have found your dream bathroom vanity and cabinet set, you can rest easy for years to come. All our bathroom products are constructed with solid wood doors, drawer fronts and frames, and plywood sides, tops, bottoms, and shelves. RTA Cabinet Store sells only quality products and you can be assured you are getting them at a fair and affordable price. With our bathroom vanity and cabinet collections, remodeling or constructing your dream bathroom has never been easier.